Press Release From Mott Manufacturing:
We’ve continued our tradition of fume hood safety, energy conservation and quality. Next generation Observation2 hoods deliver a more contoured style with improved function. Compared to more traditional fume hoods, the Observation2 provides greatly enhanced visibility and much improved sight lines. Safety is enhanced because an instructor or supervisor can readily observe any hazardous situations that may occur. Room ambiance is more pleasant because natural light and views are visible throughout the laboratory which provides a sense of openness. The hood is UL 1805 listed, tested to ASHRAE 110 standards and is designed for multiple applications. It's available in single and double-faced configurations and available for Constant Air Volume (CAV) or Variable Air Volume (VAV) situations.
The enhanced features of the new Observation2 hoods bring style and functionality to your lab:
- Plumbing fixtures can now be factory pre-plumbed which lowers installation cost
- Plumbing fixtures have been relocated and mounted to the front corner posts for better visibility and improved ergonomics
- Electrical outlets are now located in the front posts. Décor style devices have combination USB charger/duplex receptacles and combination light switch/duplex receptacles
- Sleeker and stylized, designed with radiused front and inside back posts and a curved front panel for a more pleasing appearance
- Chain and sprocket sash suspension delivers the easiest and most reliable sash operation available with a longer life span and less maintenance and allows optional motorized Automatic Sash Operator